Ebola (Virus Disease)
Tackling Ebola Package
Normeca AS (Norway) has put together a complete TACKLING EBOLA proposal detailing the steps that should be taken to setup containment centers, tackle the current cases of Ebola and, additionally, and more importantly, reduce the further spread of the disease. Sesneber International (Saudi Arabia) has further amended the package detailing options for setting up Command & Control Centers, Decontamination Units, Refugee Camps and applicable infection control products. This package is available for free download from our website However, by downloading this package, you agree to the terms that you will not distribute this package to anyone or any entity without express written consent to do so from Sesneber International Saudi Arabia or Normeca AS.
- Ebola virus disease (EVD), formerly known as Ebola haemorrhagic fever, is a severe, often fatal illness in humans.
- The virus is transmitted to people from wild animals and spreads in the human population through human-to-human transmission.
- The average EVD case fatality rate is around 50%. Case fatality rates have varied from 25% to 90% in past outbreaks.
- The first EVD outbreaks occurred in remote villages in Central Africa, near tropical rainforests, but the most recent outbreak in west Africa has involved major urban as well as rural areas.
- Community engagement is key to successfully controlling outbreaks. Good outbreak control relies on applying a package of interventions, namely case management, surveillance and contact tracing, a good laboratory service, safe burials and social mobilisation.
- Early supportive care with rehydration, symptomatic treatment improves survival. There is as yet no licensed treatment proven to neutralise the virus but a range of blood, immunological and drug therapies are under development.
- There are currently no licensed Ebola vaccines but 2 potential candidates are undergoing evaluation.
In partnership with US manufacturers, Sesneber provides containment solutions in the Arabian Gulf. We can supply advanced biological safety equipment and high containment laboratories to meet the critical demands of diverse applications.
Makers of Purell and Provon. Gojo's products combine progressive product formulations, carefully engineered dispensing technology and scientifically based education and training programs that encourage healthy skin care behavior. The resulting skin care programs are the most extensive and comprehensive in the industry.
A complete line of disposable medical pulp products made of 100% recyclable and biodegradable material allowing reduction in chances of contamination and spread of infectious diseases.
Comprehensive range of infection control products. Services include consultancy for infection control methods for small to large facilities; manufacturing of products with antimicrobial quality; disinfection and disposal of contaminated Biohazardous waste management and sterilization systems waste
Sesneber International, in consultation and cooperation with its sister company, ISM-TEC LLC (USA) and Normeca AS (Norway), is offering a broad range of consultation services for dealing with Ebola disease outbreaks. Jointly we are offering a complete TACKLING EBOLA proposal detailing the steps that should be taken to setup containment centers, tackle the current cases of Ebola and, additionally, and more importantly, reduce the further spread of the disease. We are also offering options for setting up Command & Control Centers, Decontamination Units, Refugee Camps and guides for the best use and application of infection control products.
Sesneber especially invites authorities in Saudi Arabia and other Arabian Gulf countries to contact us and allow us to present our findings and solutions to them for their perusal.
Sesneber now offers full services for setting up fixed and mobile life sciences labs with BSL-2, BSL-3 Ag & BSL-4 Capabilities. Please click here to read more about what we have to offer.
Sesneber offers consultancy services for the implementation of comprehensive infection control solutions and practices for various sectors, including of course the medical sector. Our expertise covers a comprehensive list of areas associated with infection control, including:
- Hand hygiene
- Use of personal protective gear
- Safe handling and disposal of sharps
- Safe handling and disposal of chemical waste
- Managing blood and bodily fluids
- Decontaminating equipment